Founded in 2018, MaxAB is a rapidly growing food and grocery B2B e-commerce and distribution platform that serves a network of traditional retailers (mom-and-pop stores) across the MENA region. Using proprietary technology, MaxAB offers a transformative pull-driven supply chain and a tech-product that empowers both traditional retailers and suppliers. MaxAB offers traditional retailers the simplicity of dealing with one supplier, transparent pricing, on-demand delivery, and a range of value-added and embedded finance solutions. Suppliers benefit from MaxAB’s end-to-end supply chain solutions and business intelligence tools that allow them to accurately predict, monitor, and control the impact of their strategies in real time.
Our MaxAB talent is dedicated to uphold the MaxAB culture and values all while continuing to grow and improve services for our clients. They are innovating new ways to help improve the quality of life of the Egyptian retailer and soon to other retailers globally.
If you are passionate about working hard to make an impact and innovate new solutions, MaxAB is looking for top talent.
An engineering manager is a software engineer who has chosen a management career track over a technical one. Although the role requires deep knowledge of engineering and can contribute and support the team anytime needed as one more Senior Engineer, the main objective is to create and lead teams of “10x Engineers”, mentoring and guiding them for continuous improvement. This role is the one of a “multiplier”, rather than a “contributor”.
- Headcount planning and hiring: Responsible for identifying the hiring needs of the team and working with HR to attract and hire top talent.
- Strong partnership with Product, Design, Data and Business to ensure an environment of co-creation and cross-functional teams.
- Team planning, quality and delivery: Responsible for overseeing the work of the team and ensuring that it is aligned with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Responsible for creating a positive and collaborative work environment by fostering teamwork, encouraging open communication, and promoting a culture of learning and growth.
- Participating in technical decisions: Responsible for working with the team to make technical decisions that align with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Hands-on coding: Depending on the size of the team, the engineering manager may need to participate in hands-on coding to support the team's delivery.
- Identifying and executing the development process: Responsible for identifying and executing the development process that aligns with the organization's goals and objectives. This includes establishing development practices and ensuring that the team is following best practices.
- Actively participating and fostering involvement throughout the team in the system roadmap: Responsible for working with the team to develop a system roadmap that aligns with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Ensuring team visibility and recognition: Responsible for ensuring that the team's contributions are recognized and valued by the organization.
- Coaching and management: Responsible for providing guidance and support to team members to help them achieve their goals and reach their full potential. This includes hosting one-on-one meetings, providing feedback and performance evaluations, and developing career plans for team members.
- Ensuring team protection and happiness: Responsible for ensuring that the team's needs are being met, including providing resources and support to help team members achieve a healthy work-life balance.
- Ensuring team productivity and metrics: Responsible for monitoring team productivity and performance metrics and taking corrective action as needed to ensure that the team is meeting its goals.
- Maintaining alignment with other dev managers: Responsible for working closely with other development managers to ensure that development practices are consistent across the organization.
- Career planning, promotions, and coaching: Responsible for developing and executing career plans for team members, identifying opportunities for growth and development, and advocating for team members' promotions and recognition
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years work experience in software development, including experience in one of the following languages Java, Nodejs or Golang.
- 2+ years of experience leading and growing a software engineering team.
- Strong Teamwork and communication skills are a must.
- Knowledge of Lean and Agile methodologies to streamline processes and improve flow efficiency.
- Knowledge of Software Craftsmanship and XP practices: TDD, TBD, Pair and Mob-programming, Continuous Refactoring, Simple Design.
- Knowledge of distributed systems concepts, e.g. scaling, consistency and availability tradeoffs.
- Experience in Fintech / Banking is a plus